miércoles, 10 de octubre de 2012

WELCOME TO OUR CLASS!!!!!!!!

Well, you know is "our" class, but "my" apple, lol.
"What are you doing here?", you may wonder...
Well, of course, I don't have a proper answer.  You are here because you are here.  Is that good enough?
What I can tell you for sure is why I have decided to create this space...
This space is for all of us to THRIVE
to SHARE
to ENJOY
to THINK TOGETHER
to, al teast, TRY TO UNDERSTAND THE REAL ESSENCE OF TEACHING
to use ENGLISH as our NATIVE TONGUE...

I'll write some thoughts about our sessions together, you do what you feel you have to do, comment, create new posts (have them sent to me and I'll make them public).  This is for you to feel free, learn and teach...

Today's session has been pretty useful, at least from my point of view.  Using Spanish every now and them won't "kill our English", although we'd better keep up English as our "communicative tool".  The students are incredibly receptive and open to some of the ideas which fly over our classroom.  I love that feeling of freedon, we are CREATING something new, and it seems so EFFORTLESS.  Nice!!!!!

And so, we were left with the thought of TRYING TO SEE CLEARLY WHAT IS THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN LANGUAGE AND MIND (COGNITIVE PROCESS).  I really am puzzled about this since I was a young College student and to this day I am still fascinated about the magical connection that seems to exist between mind and speech.

Dunno, my pals, do you have anything to add just now???????
(Fran)

8 comentarios:

  1. Come on..., don't be shy!!!!!!! Whatever you say will be always welcome here!!!! This is our space, our blank wall to express what is going on within our teaching minds, hearts, livers, whatever... The sky is the limit!!!!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I´ve decided to start writing here just to prove if more people show interest in writing here too, but to be honest, I don´t know what more to write about the subject studied on Thursday. I still don´t have a clear personal opinion but I hope I could perfect it with the pass of the weeks.
    I hope and I am sure that all the tricks you are giving to us day by day could help us to think deeper as we used to do in other subjects, in which information was given to us to be studied for the exam and we didn´t do anything more useful.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. That's just perfect, Víctor, and of course that's the idea and the spirit, this should be a meeting place for all of us just to share "any kind of idea" that turns up, even if it may seem meaningless. We have to change the PARADIGM NOW OR NEVER, a new way to STUDY, to enjoy LEARNING, to trespass new frontiers..., whatever. Thanks for breaking the ice...
    I'll be creating new post developing some topics to ponder!!!!!! By the way, I love the verb "ponder", off-topic, I know...

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I think that it is a great idea to hear your explanations in English because we are gonna be English teachers so we must get used to it. In addition, we must improve our language skills and the best way to do that is trying to express our ideas and thoughts in that language even if it is a bit difficult for us, at least at the beginning.
    I also wanna say that it is a pity that most people don´t speak English because they feel embarrassed when they do so, their classmates look at them as if they were weird people and we should start changing that mentality.
    We will do our best in this class, it seems that it is gonna be useful and fun. I am pretty sure that we are going to learn a lot.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I am glad to see you keep on popping into our blog!!!!! Thanks!!!!! The idea is clear, we have to keep on working in English in a natural way and ENJOYING THE RIDE!!!!
      I am sure the whole experience (these 4 months together) are going to be fruitful for all of us, nice!!!!!!!!!

      Eliminar
  5. In my opinion, listening to your explanations in English will help us a lot for our future careers as teachers. It is a good idea. Your explanations will be very useful for us. We can also improve our English by trying to explain our opinions about each theme or argument. If we have to talk every day, in few a few weeks we will not feel scared to speak in English. We will see that everybody makes mistakes, and with those mistakes, everyone learns something. With these types of classes, we will learn about a new type of education where everyone is friends, teachers and pupils, and they learn together.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Hello Larry, I'm Manuel Cacho one of your pupils in the class of English Literature.
    I can not attend to your class due to my work timetable (it's during the morning). I've tried to contact with you via internet but I haven't any answer. Is there any possibility to contact with you?
    Manuel Cacho Hernández

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Sorry, Pal, this here writing is not Larry but Francisco, Methodology teacher. I'm afraid you got the wrong "blog". Take care!!!!

      Eliminar