martes, 30 de octubre de 2012

SOME IDEAS ON PHONETICS

Víctor shares with all of us something about the use of "phonetic material" in the Primary English Language Classroom...   Enjoy!!!!!!!


1) Jolly phonics: In the first file (jolly books) you have a great variety of little stories which are focus in the spelling, relating the different themes with particular items, such as animals, swimming, monster party...
In the second file you can find different worksheet related both with writing and spelling.
As I told you this morning I think the third file is not very important; it has two powerpoints I think they are useless (maybe I am wrong) and the explanation in Spanish of the diffferent resources.
Finally you have the pronunciation of the different sounds in audio files and in 6 PPT, which you only have to open it and see that in each slide is represented one sound (it can be just one letter or two- diphthong.

2) Letter factory: It only has 3 videos which are about a factory which can produce different words and sound mixing the different letters of the alphabet.

As Bugs Bunny would say........ THIS IS ALL FOLKS!!!! :) I hope you enjoy these resources and you could use with your future pupils :). If you have any doubt please let me know.

Víctor Pérez Alfageme

PS: I will leave this resources in the screen from our class (the one we spend most of the time in).

8 comentarios:

  1. Well I have to say that this is just a little summary of the contents included in the file I showed you last week. As the file has been deleted from the screen from our computer, I will put it in a CD so you can have these resources. I will start passing it tomorrow.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Thanks, Víctor!

    I "discovered" yesterday a website in which you can write whatever you want (in English) and then, after clicking on the "Say it!" button, they pronounce the sentence.
    Here it's:
    http://www.acapela-group.com/text-to-speech-interactive-demo.html

    It's not about phonetics at all, but it's about pronuntiation as well.
    Hope it's useful for you!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank u Elena. I´m sure I´ll be very useful for both the near and distant future :)

      Eliminar
  3. carmen gisbert sodric30 de octubre de 2012, 15:14

    Thank you very much for searing your resources. I'm quite sure that they will be very useful for us in our future as teachers.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Thanks Victor. It is very kind of you to share resources with us. We all should do that, we would learn a lot!
    You are a good example! Well done ;)

    ResponderEliminar
  5. What can I say, my dear friends, I am so very proud of being your teacher, sharing with you these wonderful months!!!!! You all are excellent examples and hence you'll be wonderful teachers and spread the light you carry within!!!!!!!
    Thanx!!!!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. It´s glad to hear your thanks folks :), but you don´t need to, as Julia says teaching is about sharing so.... why not starting as soon as possible???

    ResponderEliminar
  7. I love that!!!! It has taken me about 15 years of teaching life to clearly realise that teaching and learning equals SHARING and I see you got this idea in your genetic teaching code from the beguinning YOU YOUNG TEACHERS OF THE WORLD!!!!!! You'll heal our dying Educative System once you are given the chance!!!! I'll see that and proudly state, wow, those were my students for some months!!!!
    You all are a living example of the energy I try to share day by day!!!!

    ResponderEliminar